Membership criteria for joining ALANYC Chapter Membership criteria for joining ALANYC Chapter
ALANYC offers five types of membership Regular, Secondary, Hardship, Retired and Student.
- Regular Membership ($275): A member who is in good standing with ALA National, who meets regular membership criteria as outlined in ALANYC’s Chapter Bylaws. The annual Regular Membership entitles you to the full suite of membership benefits.
- Secondary Membership ($100): A member who is in good standing with ALA National and is a current member of another ALA National chapter. Proof of primary chapter membership is required. Annual Secondary Membership entitles you to limited membership benefits.
- Hardship Membership ($75): ALANYC is pleased to offer a financial hardship plan to members who are unemployed or temporarily disabled, and who are in good standing with ALA National and meet Regular Membership criteria as outlined in ALANYC’s Chapter Bylaws. View Terms and Conditions.
- Retired Membership ($75): A member who is in good standing with ALA National and is no longer actively working because of retirement. View Terms and Conditions.
- Student Membership ($25): A person who is currently enrolled full-time or part-time in a degree program and is interested in pursuing a career in the business of law. Proof of student status is required. Annual Student Membership entitles you to limited membership benefits.
For more information, view our brochure and the Benefits-at-a-Glance.
To join the Chapter, complete the ALANYC Application.
To start your ALA membership, complete the ALA National application.
For questions about membership, contact:
Elba Cortes Membership Team Leader